Bloomfield City Council Meeting
Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Meeting Room – Bloomfield Public Library
- Call to Order and Welcome Guests
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approve Agenda
- Public Comments
- Public Hearing for the Authorization of a Loan Agreement Not to Exceed $2,050,000 General Obligation Capital Loan Notes
- Adopt a “Resolution Approving Official Statement”
- Adopt a “Resolution Instituting Proceedings to take Additional Action for the Issuance of Not to Exceed $2,050,000 General Obligation Capital Loan Notes”
- New Business
- Consider Approval of Gas Tech Job Description
- Consider Selling “Old Hoist” by Sealed Bid
- Discuss and Consider Parking for Tenants On and Off the Square
- Approve Sending Three People to the Iowa Rural Development Summit in Grinnell on April 11-12, 2019
- Approve Class E Liquor License with Privileges for Keith’s Foods
- Approve Class C Liquor License (Beer/Wine) with Privileges for Grain Bin Steakhouse
- Discuss Business Retention Incentive for Shopko.
- Approve “A Resolution Authorizing the City Administrator/City Clerk to Make the Appropriate Interfund Transfer of Sums and Record the Same in the Appropriate Manner for FY 2019 for the City of Bloomfield, Iowa”
- Budget Work Session 5
- Review Road Use Tax (RUT)
- Review Budget Transfers for FY 2020
- Approve Claims as Presented
- Public Comments
- City Administrator
- Director of Public Works
- Community Development Director
- Police Chief
- Fire Chief
- Recreation Director
- Main Street Update
- Council Updates
- Mayor Comments
- Closed Sessions
- Closed Session No. 1, Pursuant to Iowa Code §21.5(1)(j): To discuss the purchase of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property.
- Closed Session No. 2, Pursuant to Iowa Code §21.5(1)(j): To discuss the purchase of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property.
All items on the Agenda are Subject to Vote.
The agenda for regular council meetings is made public 24 hours prior to all Council meetings. By adding “Public Comment” at the bottom of the agenda, this will allow citizens a chance to voice any comments they have. When addressing the Council, the person must stand, give their name and limit their remarks to 3 (three) minutes.