The City of Bloomfield is working to upgrade electric, gas, and water meters in homes and businesses now through spring 2019. Electric meters will be changed out starting after the first of the year, and a brief interruption in service can be expected at the time of installation. The City has contracted with Utiliuse, whose technicians will be working in your neighborhood and around your home to replace your existing meters. If necessary, a Utiliuse representative will contact you to schedule an appointment in person or by leaving contact information on your door.
- Some meters are located inside homes.
- An adult (18+) must be present to enter homes.
- Appointments will last 30-45 minutes.
- Services will be briefly interrupted.
- Make sure your indoor and outdoor meters are accessible (no boxes or storage).
- Please keep pets away during installation.
- Check meter valves for leaks and operability. Any necessary repairs (not caused by the installer or the City of Bloomfield) are the responsibility of the property owner.
- If you are not home, the installer will leave a door hanger with instructions to reschedule.
- Do not allow anyone into your home or business without a valid City-issued and/or Utiliuse ID badge.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience with us as we work to better serve you. Please contact us with any questions at 641-664-9645.