The purpose of this chapter is to facilitate the enjoyment of park facilities by the general public by establishing rules and regulations governing the use of park facilities.
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 364.12)
47.02 USE OF DRIVES REQUIRED.
No person shall drive any car, cycle or other vehicle, or ride or lead any horse, in any portion of a park except upon the established drives or roadways therein or such other places as may be officially designated by the City.
No fires shall be built, except in a place provided therefor, and such fire shall be extinguished before leaving the area unless it is to be immediately used by some other party.
No person shall place, deposit, or throw any waste, refuse, litter or foreign substance in any area or receptacle except those provided for that purpose.
47.05 PARKS CLOSED.
No person, except those camping in designated areas, shall enter or remain within any park between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
No person shall camp in any portion of a park except in portions prescribed or designated by the Council, and the City may refuse camping privileges or rescind any and all camping privileges for cause.
47.07 CITY LAKE AND CITY LAKE PARK.
- The following terms are defined for use in this section:
- “City Lake” means the water reservoir of the municipal waterworks of the City, and the streams and/or sources from which the water therein is taken for five miles above the point from which it is taken.
- “City Lake Park” means the lands occupied by the Municipal Reservoir of the City, and all lands adjacent thereto, the title of which is owned by the City, including those lands presently under lease to the County Conservation Board of Davis County, Iowa.
- “Water” or “waters” refers to the private waters of the City Waterworks Reservoir of the City, and the streams and/or sources from which the water therein is taken. Such water or waters are not public waters as defined in the statutes of Iowa.
- Swimming and Boating Regulations Generally.
- No person shall swim, dive, wade, float or bathe in the City Lake.
- No person shall skate or slide upon ice on the surface of the City Lake within a distance of two hundred (200) feet of the dam of said lake.
- No person shall place or operate on the City Lake any boat except rowboats, canoes propelled by hand or out board motor, sailboats or boats propelled by oars, electric trolling motors or outboard motor. All boats or crafts propelled in whole or part by combustion engine or mechanical apparatus other than a single electric trolling motor or an outboard motor are prohibited access to the City Reservoir. No jet skis are allowed. Lake Fisher will become a no wake lake allowing the use of outboard motors. Those violating this provision will be fined $250.00 for not following the no wake policy.
(Ord. 685 – Oct. 16 Supp.)
- Damaging or Destroying Property and Polluting Water Prohibited. It is unlawful for any one to damage, deface, destroy or otherwise inure any property in the City Lake Park. It is unlawful for any person to perform any act of omission or commission, the result of which act would tend to pollute the waters of the City Lake.
- No person shall park any vehicles within the City Lake Park except in designated parkings areas.
- Speed Restrictions. The maximum speed for all vehicles traveling upon the surfaced roadways of the City Lake Park is twenty (20) miles per hour.
- Liability Provisions.
- Any person exercising any right and/or privilege herein conferred shall be held to consent and agree that the incorporated City, its officers, agents and/or employees shall not be liable for any damage by reason of any accident to such person or to his or her property occurring in connection with the exercise of such right or privilege.
- Any person, while upon the land or water of the City Lake Park, will be held to covenant and agree to indemnify the incorporated City, its officers, agents and/or employees, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims for damages by reason of any accident and/or injury to such person or to his or her property, occurring while upon the land or water of the City Lake Park.