The Bloomfield Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) has served the community since 1991 with the following mission:
- Promote the educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the public through the recognition, enhancement and perpetuation of, sites and districts of historical and cultural significance;
- Safeguard the City’s historic, aesthetic and cultural heritage by preserving sites and districts of historic and cultural significance;
- Stabilize and improve property values;
- Foster pride in the legacy of beauty and achievements of the past;
- Protect and enhance the City’s attractions to tourists and visitors and the support and stimulus to business thereby provided;
- Strengthen the economy of the City;
- Promote the use of sites and districts of historic and cultural significance as places for the education, pleasure, and welfare of the people of the City.
View details about the HPC in Chapter 24 of the City Code of Ordinances.
Proposed alterations to designated historic landmarks or to buildings, structures, sites, and objects within the designated historic district are subject to review by the Commission. Download and complete the Certificate of Appropriateness HERE.