The City of Bloomfield is offering incentives for new single-family and two-family home construction.
- Incentives are limited to available funds and applicants shall not receive incentive payments if funds are no longer available.
- Amounts are reserved on a first come-first-served basis. Incentive amounts are reserved for each project at the time an incentive application is approved and executed. Incentive amounts are returned to the general pool if the project is disqualified or not completed by the completion date, or completion date is not extended by the City Administrator.
- The property shall be within Bloomfield city limits.
- The property shall be new construction.
- The incentive does not apply to additions, remodeling, or construction of accessory buildings/uses.
- Only new single-family and two-family residential dwelling units with Certificates of Occupancy issued after January 1, 2021, are eligible for an incentive.
- The home shall be new construction and over 1,200 square feet of living space in size. Value of the home shall be greater than $150,000 (net of value). If it is necessary to vary from this description, the owner shall attend a City Council meeting to obtain council approval.
- The home shall be completed within 12 months of incentive application approval.
- Cash incentives will be to the owner of record for the parcel at the time the certificate of occupancy is issued.
- All projects are expected to comply with federal, state, and local codes.
- Homes shall adhere to the currently adopted, Iowa state-wide residential energy code (Summary).
- Four inspections must be made by the designated City inspector
- Plan review – must have blueprints
- Foundation inspection – prior to when concrete is poured
- Final – shall have state electrical final inspections before City inspection
- An award will not be granted if there are any outstanding charges or violations against the property.
- A copy of the 2021 New Housing Incentive is linked below. Please complete the application and return to Tammy Roberts at City Hall (111 W Franklin St). If you have questions, please feel free to contact Community Development Director, Tammy Roberts (641-664-9653 or firstname.lastname@example.org).